You are a breastfeeding mama who is planning on returning to work.
Most breastfeeding mothers feel confused, overwhelmed, and bewildered at the thought of leaving their baby and returning to work.
You probably have a lot of questions:
How much milk do I need to store in my freezer before I return to work?
How many times will I need to pump while at work?
How much should my baby drink from a bottle while we are apart?
But most importantly: How do I cope with the sadness I am feeling about leaving my baby?
Returning to work does not have to mean the end of breastfeeding.
At the end of this program, you will:
- Know exactly how much milk you need to store in your freezer (and how to collect that milk when your baby is nursing all the time!)
- Understand how your breastfed baby should be bottle-fed and how to communicate these instructions to your childcare provider
- Feel confident in keeping track of your milk supply and how to respond if your supply dips
- Understand how to nourish and encourage a direct breastfeeding relationship when you and your baby are together
- Take the necessary steps to avoid burnout and overwhelm
- Connect with hundreds of other Working Pumping Mamas just like you and combat the isolation and stress that can accompany being a working mama
- Step back into work clear about why you are working and trusting that your baby is in safe hands
- Actively involve your partner or support person in the back-to-work process so you have a teammate!
- Feel into your Feelings FREE PREVIEW
- Reflect on Maternity Leave
- Download this first
- Why do you work?
- What is your working self image?
- Share your affirmation: Why do you work?
- Who are you proud to set an example for?
- Set an example for your child
- Share your affirmation: What will you tell your child when you go to work?
- Set an example for others
- Doing the work: Reflections & affirmations
- Why is leaving baby so hard?
- Name your fears.
- Activity: Memorize your baby FREE PREVIEW
- All the Breastfeeding Feels FREE PREVIEW
- Build your back to work calendar
- How to build your freezer stash
- How to build your freezer stash- Low Supply
- How to use your freezer stash
- Breastmilk Ice Cubes FREE PREVIEW
- Defrosting & Warming Milk
- Surplus Freezer Milk
- Stinky Milk aka High Lipase
- What's Your Breastmilk's Shelf Life?
- Scalding Breastmilk
- Quick Look at Numbers
About the instructor
Katie Madden has been a Registered Nurse since 2004 and a IBCLC since 2009. She is the founder of BalancedBreastfeeding.com, an online platform of safe, realistic, and kind breastfeeding support. Katie direct the lactation program at The Birth Center in Wilmington, DE where she and the colleagues, whom she trained in the Balanced Breastfeeding Method, see a heavy load of high complexity patients in their outpatient clinic.